Last Updated: 23 January 2023
Social traffic refers to the visitors that come to a website from social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
These visitors are directed to a website through links shared on the social media platforms, or by clicking on ads or promoted posts on the platforms. Social traffic can also include visitors who come to a website through referrals from other websites or blogs that have embedded social media share buttons. Social traffic can be an important source of website traffic and can help to increase brand awareness and boost online visibility.
2. Impact On Search Engine Rankings
Social traffic can have an impact on search engine rankings because it can indicate to search engines that a website's content is popular and valuable to users.
When users share links to a website on social media platforms, it can signal to search engines that the website's content is being shared and engaged with by a large number of people. This can:
- Increased visibility: Social traffic can increase the visibility of your website, leading to more traffic and better search engine rankings.
- Backlinks: Social media platforms often allow users to share links to your website, which can create valuable backlinks that can improve your search engine rankings.
- Social Signals: Google and other search engines take social signals, such as likes and shares, into account when ranking websites. This means that having a strong social media presence can improve your search engine rankings.
- Audience engagement: Social media can help you engage with your audience, which can lead to higher click-through rates and better search engine rankings.
- Branding: A strong social media presence can help establish your brand and make it more recognizable to search engines, which can improve your search engine rankings.
- Audience targeting: Social media platforms allow you to target specific audiences, which can help you increase your website's visibility and improve your search engine rankings.
- Long-term investment: Building a strong social media traffic source takes time and effort, but the benefits can be long-lasting and can help you achieve better search engine rankings in the long run.
3. How To Add Social Traffic Source
In your project's settings, navigate to the "Traffic Source" dropdown menu and select "Social". Then, enter the links from your social media profiles or pages into the designated field below.
It's important to note that you should not use links from the main pages of social media platforms, such as https://www.facebook.com. Instead, use links from specific posts, articles, groups, business pages, or other pages on the social media platform in order to accurately track social traffic.
Was this article helpful?
93 out of 132 found this helpful